Shifting Negative Self Talk to Positive
It’s normal to say bad things about ourselves once in a while, but when negative self talk happens regularly it becomes destructive. It surely starts affecting every aspect of our lives.
As it is said, “What you tell yourself every day will either lift you up or tear you down”.
To shift negative self talk we have to love ourselves and firmly believe we deserve the best, by
- Surrounding ourselves with people we love who add value to our lives.
- Accepting our problems and working on them.
- Building up a routine to fill our time.
- Stop aiming for perfection.
- Checking if the thought is true or not.
- Practice replacing negative self talk with positive.
- Developing a new hobby.
Usually negative self talk starts building up by neglecting ourselves and not appreciating our being.
By shifting this destructive pattern we will start believing in ourselves and our abilities to reach our potentials. Let’s not forget about gaining motivation which is the key to open every closed door in our lives.
By Coach Maral